Feb 11, 2005

A bunch of quick hits:
- Spent a Tower gift card today and finally picked up the Scissor Sisters' album. My fresh opinion on it - this stuff is pure rock. These people are channeling a host of artists from Elton John to Sly and the Family Stone to the Chemical Brothers. Great stuff.
- Pushing my way through Volumes 3-5 of the Sandman by Gaiman. Amazing stuff. The Season of Mists storyline has been the best I've read, and the Midsummer's Night Dream issue might be the best comic I've ever read.
- Just checked my fantasy golf team today. It's actually pretty fun. I'm currently ranked 77,518th. Out of how many I don't know. I doing well this week though, as I've jumped 20,673 places today. That seems like a lot.
- Hoping to check out Finding Neverland or Ray this weekend. This is the first year in awhile that I'm interested in more than one or two of the Oscar pics. I've already seen Sideways and Million Dollar Baby. I can't see myself going to the Aviator though. Leo (actor I dont care about) playing Howard Hughes (historical figure I don't care about) doesn't add up to a movie I need to see. I may be wonderful
- Sin City is on the cover of this week's EW. Next movie I'm really looking foward, especially 'cus Elektra was less than good and I have more than my doubts about Constantine. Sin City looks like it could be the best comic movie this year (barring FF later this year rocking)

No comments: