Jun 13, 2007

Busy Beaver

Sorry for the lack of updates - it's been raining a lot. Yeah, that's my excuse. Seriously - I had no plans last night and tonight but to write by the pool and both nights I've gotten caught in the rain. We even lost power tonight!





Went up to the mountains last weekend for a father-son fishing weekend. I fished for about 5 minutes and managed to catch a rock. Lot of fun though - nice to hang with the fam, eat food cooked over the fire and play a lot of cards and as always with my cousins, an unorthodox game of Risk. I also saw a really ugly amish baby and a sign that said "Mini Donkey 4 Sale" I wanted to stop and see just how mini it was. I guess like this. Beware the bad midi music.




Saw this crazy picture of a house with a tunnel through it today. More pics there.

Been really into the Danish band called the Breakers. You might have heard their song"Tried So Hard". And if you haven't yet, check out the Amy Whinehouse/Ghostface Killah version of "I'm No Good".

Sopranos finally ended and most people either think the finally was brilliant or stupid. I udnerstand why Chase did what he did (and it does work as a finale), but I still think of it as a betrayal to the fans who've followed this show despite massive delays for close to ten years. You're on notice Lindelof/Cuse! Now that the tv season is officially over, look for my tv season report card here soon.

Not new but still funny: Washington, Washington

If you don't have anything to do tomorrow at 6PM be sure to check out the last night of Tiny Ninja Theater at the Kennedy Center's Millenium Stage. It's a free (and hilarious) take on Romeo and Juliet

No comments: