Feb 10, 2007

Beer beer beer

Some friends and I discovered (not that it was missing several people tell me) a great wine emporium called Total Wine. They have a gigantic selection of wines and a bunch of locations in VA (some in MD and DE too I think). You can check out their website here.

Anyways, I'm not big wine person, but they sell beer by the singles as well, so I've been able to sample a bunch of different kinds of beers w/o having to pay top dollar at the Brickskellar.

Today's beer: Fix 1864. Apparently it is the traditional beer of Greece (though it is brewed in Wilkes-Barre, PA - that was kind of disappointing). It's a pretty malty lager, overall and ok taste - nothing super special. 3 out of 5 stars.

Previous beers:

Mississippi Mud: A delicious black and tan, and it comes in a really cool bottle (packaging is very important to me. 4 out of 5 stars.

Acme California Brown Ale: another yummy dark beer. 5 out of 5 stars. Rivals Dr Dremos' James Brown Ale. Hit Me!

No comments: