Mar 16, 2005

Happy Birthday Webble!
Exactly one year ago today I started blogging, and I'm totally amazed I haven't become bored of it all yet! Here's a look back at the first year of Dwain's Wonderful World of Webble:

March 2004: Webbling begins. I review Cable/Deadpool 1, from which I pull this lovely quote:
"Voice: Have you ever heard of the One World Church?
DP: Nope.
Voice: It's in France.
DP: I'll pass.
Voice: It pays a lot.
DP: Good sir, you can't pay me enough to go to France while our countries are at war!
Voice: Uhm, we're not at war.
DP: We're not?
Voice: No.
DP: Oh. So... how much money? ... Well that sure is a lot..."
April 2004: I sketched out my needs and wants:
Things I Need
Man I need a haircut. - got one!
And a desk. - and that too!
And motivation to do more than just post here. - not so much...
Better typing skills too. (See how I didn't make it all ironic by putting a typo in here) - still to be decided.
Things I Want
$50 Million Dollars (I'd spend it well, trust me)- I'm about a millionth of the way there.
An awesome job - potentially, helluva lot better than the last.
The new Kylie Mingoue album - not yet. but soon my sweet sweet Street Fighter.
May 2004: Angel went bye-byes, TechTV gotten eaten by Comcast, and I killed a bunch of Cicadas. So. so. month.
June 2004: I posted once. It was boring.
July 2004: I got old. Friend's got married, friends got divorced, friends almost got into fist fight at high school reunion. And I finally changed my mario ringtone on my cell phone for something more mature - the legend of zelda (mario's back, btw)
August 2004: Live on Penn died, Peasant's Quest lived, and ahoy-matey.com starts its long slow slog towards web-behemothdom.
September 2004: I got a year old and Pirate Night 2k4 went down in history.
October 2004: Stewartgate: we try to crash Crossfire and end up breaking the biggest fake vs real news story of the week!
November 2004: Kerry lost. Vows revenge. I lose to Platts in PA congressional race. Also vow revenge. Neither Bush nor Platts seem to notice.
December 2004: two words: Numa Numa
January 2005: 24 blog! DC loses what's left of musical coolness when HFS changes formats to modern spanish hits.
February 2005: Everyone I know remembers how cool I am and starts a blog.
March 2005: I'm still here people!!!!!!

No comments: