May 13, 2004

They shouldn't let me stay home!

I had the day off today and I made unnaturally good use of it! I got up early and went for my walk in the morning (It's Day 12 already) and while I was out there I saw something horrible -


The cicadas are here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


That's right DC people, the dreaded species x-17 or whatever they are called, have begun to rise from the earthy birthing places to wreak havoc upon our fair summer. Though in all fairness to them, I only saw a few live cicadas, but already hundreds of dead ones. Luckily my AC is now fixed so I don't have to have an open window in my apartment.

I got back to my place and went on a furniture moving spree, which I haven't done in awhile. Believe it our not, I took the door off of my closet and along with some shelving, I made myself a new desk. I am the new Macguyver.

Then I headed up to Catholic University for my best friend Annie's pinning ceremony. I can't believe she's actually graduating from college! (Actually, I can't believe she's lived this long)

Also, I am getting some decent feedback about my new column over at mutanthigh.com. Check it out by clicking on the link below:


HulkX Smash Reloaded: If I ruled the world!

That's all for now, as just in a few more hours Michael Abraham Aker will once again be in the DC Metropolitan Area. Tremble puny mortals!

No comments: