Mar 16, 2004

I'm Literate!

Finished a great book tonight - Lies and the lying liars who tell them by Al Franken. The book is both hilarious and ultimately depressing. I'd like to think we don't live in the world he describes, but some evidence is damning. A couple of the best parts:

Chapter 2: Ann Coulter: Nutcase
Chapter 3: You know who I don't like? Ann Coulter
Chapter 13: Bill O'Reilly: Lying, splotchy bully

And of course the best line in the book, from Chapter 9: Five Get-rich quick tips the Wall Street fat cats don't want you to know: "Tip 1 - Never option stock in a blue chip where the market cap is twenty time I made this all up." Anyways if you love political satire, check this out. I actually plan on reading some Ann Coulter next, just to be "fair and balanced". I met her in 1999 and hoo boy was she a wacko. A hottie, but a wacko.

And in completely unrelated news, Emma's a mark.

No comments: